On my web site’s About page (www.paulcasey.org), I have listed Growing Forward’s Business Values after I share a little about me, how I started my business, and my philosophy of coaching. I list my values because of how important they are to the DNA of how I live out my business mission of Coaching and Equipping individuals and teams to spark breakthrough success. Take some time to nail down your personal or business core values so that you always have a True North when things get rocky or distracting.
Here are mine for Growing Forward Services and a brief explanation:
- Growth: I believe that if you aren’t growing, you are dying. Growth requires change, and I encourage those to whom I speak or coach to step out of their comfort zone and take the next step forward.
- Action: I believe action squelches fear, which is important since fear is a main culprit of ruts and stagnation. I am always prodding my audience and coachees to form action steps that are doable and aligned with their vision.
- Perseverance: I believe that getting somewhere awesome takes sustained effort. I walk alongside a person or team for an extended period of time to help them continue to progress forward until it’s second-nature.
- Confidentiality: I believe that everyone’s journey is private unless they reach out for support from those they trust. I seek to be “the one in their corner” who can be a safe confidant for their growth process.
- Optimism: I believe, like Colin Powell, that optimism is a force-multiplier. With a positive, can-do attitude, you will look at the bright side of challenges and not let them de-rail you–and I seek to help clients keep their chins up.
- Celebration: I believe that there is always another chance for a party! Recognition of goals achieved is something I love to high-five in those I serve. Every win builds momentum for greater wins.
- Accountability: I believe that having to report back to someone better guarantees success than striving for goals alone. I pin clients down to action items, and then follow up with them to see what got done and what needs an adjustment in order to better achieve it in the month ahead.
I love leading values retreats for teams! It takes a few hours, and the payoff is worth everyone being on the same page. Please let me know if you’d like to book this facilitated experience for your team at firstname.lastname@example.org.