I was reflecting on my parenting of my 2 kiddos, and my thoughts turned to how God parents me–and all of His children–if we’d just recognize it and praise Him for it. So, here is my attempt to do that:
- God, You conceived me/brought me to life.
- You come to my “performances” to cheer me on.
- You are proud of me when I get awards/honors.
- You eat with me.
- You are with me, blessing me before bed, then giving me rest.
- You empower me with Your presence/power/new energy as I head into my day.
- You are my recreational companion, delighting in me.
- You provide for my every need and then go over and above with special gifts–just because.
- You discipline me out of love, to train me to become more like You.
- You are constantly praising me.
- You wake me up when I’m “sleeping” too long.
- You patch me up (or get me to help) when I’m bleeding.
- You take out my dirty laundry (sin) and return it clean.
- You prod me to do my “chores” to build my character.
- You fill in the gaps when I drop the balls.
- You encourage me to stretch into new experiences.
- You put me in front of mentors who can assist me in my journey.
“That’s why we praise Him, that’s why we sing, that’s why we offer Him our everything…..”